- The French rights to Cry Father have been purchased by Éditions Gallmeister. I’m hoping for a 2014 release along with the US edition from Gallery Books.
- Satan Is Real: The Ballad of the Louvin Brothers has been released in paperback.
- My next novel, Cry Father, will be coming in 2014 from Gallery Books. More details to come.
- Pike has been released in France by Éditions Gallmeister and the press has been great. Huge thanks to Jacque Malhos for the incredible translation.
- After running a very kind review, The New York Times has selected Satan Is Real as an Editors’ Choice.
Now available in France from Éditions Gallmeister.
Douglas Pike is no longer the murderous hustler he was in his youth, but reforming hasn’t made him much kinder. He’s just living out his life in his Appalachian hometown, working odd jobs with his partner, Rory, hemming in his demons the best he can. And his best seems just good enough until his estranged daughter overdoses and he takes in his twelve-year-old granddaughter, Wendy.
Satan is Real: The Ballad of the Louvin Brothers
Get ready for one of America’s great untold stories: the true saga of the Louvin Brothers, a mid-century Southern gothic Cain and Abel and one of the greatest country duos of all time. The Los Angeles Times called them “the most influential harmony team in the history of country music,” but Emmylou Harris may have hit closer to the heart of the matter, saying “there was something scary and washed in the blood about the sound of the Louvin Brothers.” For readers of Johnny Cash’s irresistible autobiography and Merle Haggard’s My House of Memories, no country music library will be complete without this raw and powerful story of the duo that everyone from Dolly Parton to Gram Parsons described as their favorites: the Louvin Brothers.